The center was established in 2019, 11 staff were redeployed to the center including the coordinator, accountant and head of administration. The center presently has over 30 staff. The community provided 7 hectares of land for the permanent site of the center. The center has carried out inventorization of bioresources in the area and self-sponsored farming
- To Identify major bioresources in the region for research and development activities
- To provide solutions to ecological challenges through R&D and alternative bioremediation
- Provision and Promotion of technology to achieve best practices in bio processing of indigenious bioresources
- To become a hub of bioenterprices, providing consultancy/ training for prospective enterpreneurs and commercial production.
List of Bioresources identified
- Cash Crops: Oil Palm, Rubber, Cocoa and Cashew
- Mineral Resurces: Coal
- Cereals: Rice
- Biomas: Cashew nut shell and Rice Husk
- Root and Tuber: Yam and Cassava, Cocoyam
- Fruit and Vegetables: Plantain, Banana, Pineapple, Cucumber, etc.
- Bread Fruit
Mr. Chamberlain O. Azunna is a plant breeder and Seed Scientist. He has his PhD In view at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi. He has also studied at the Federal University of Technology Minna and Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi. He is committed to Career Development and strives to be an integral part of his Agency’s growth and success.